Real estate, workplace and FM projects are often business critical and can deliver step-change benefits across the organisation. Whatever the outcome, they usually impact on all stakeholders, many of whom have conflicting objectives and operational needs.
As previous in-house directors in global operations, we are used to delivering complex, multi-disciplined, projects and programmes. Importantly, we also understand the operational and corporate dynamic that can exist in business. Our consultants will ensure your project is delivered on time and to budget but we will do so in an environment that is collaborative and sympathetic to all parties.
Whatever our role, we will ensure that accurate data informs the communication process and provides the evidence that change is built on.
- Project appraisal and feasibility study, business justification and approvals
- Real estate, workplace and facilities project delivery
- Portfolio health-check programmes (align footprint with business need)
- Business capacity planning – scenario modelling and costing
- Built environment and workplace project management
- Oversight of design and budget process
- Selection and engagement with delivery team
- Client representative role or traditional project management
- Vendor and delivery team selection and appointment
- Contract recommendation and appointment
Project Management: Manchester Relocation
Our client is a UK building services company which due to ongoing expansion were looking to relocate to larger premises in Manchester.
Although our client has the skills to deliver this project, they recognised that an internal project manager would need to politically satisfy internal stakeholders which could be time consuming and delay the outcome.
Director Group was asked to review their workplace strategy and prepare a brief, identifying their location needs, capital budgets and site selection criteria. We undertook a detailed search across the market and analysed all options achieving a short-list of opportunities. These were presented with negotiated lease-terms, capital fit-out plans and budgets, together with operational costs across all option.
Having established a good working relationship with the client we went onto manage the fit-out design and tender process, through to overseeing the project delivery and relocation.