Often real estate, workplace and FM teams operate outside a company’s mainstream L and D programme and as a result are more likely to look for external support.
At Director Group, we have consultants who specialise in the training and personal development these functions require. We are able to scope and deliver Learning and Development programmes across all geographies, creating bespoke programmes that cover service delivery, team building and objective setting through to executive development and mentoring.
Our consultants have had accountability for operational and capital budgets across many geographies, cultures and disciplines. As such, we are well placed to support clients with functional resource planning and budgeting.
- Team and resource appraisal, gap analysis and benchmarking
- Roles and responsibilities
- Cost bench-marking (individual and team resources)
- Remuneration, attrition and recruitment strategies
- Resource platform design (in-house v outsourcing v hybrid)
- Organisational and cultural change
- Skills assessment and resource development
- Staff engagement, communication strategies and implementation
- Stakeholder engagement and experience improvement plans
- Leadership development and Executive Mentoring
- Team Building and personal development
Interim Property / FM / Procurement Director
Retained by a London based, services company, £160M pa; to review process and strategy for UK and Ireland operational estate, manage interim service delivery and recruit full-time head of role.
Initial review and scoping of the project involved understanding the culture, core business and delivery objectives of the organisation. Key stakeholders were engaged to provide a report on the alignment between the business and the property strategy and a proposed estates rationalisation programme.
The Procurement and FM functions were comprehensively scoped and processes introduced to; enable effective service, improve supply chain management and significantly reduce the administrative burden.
Through the newly recruited post holder, the organisation has now re-defined its estate and service deliveries to focus on more appropriate locations, improved serviced space and an overall reduction in operating costs and liabilities. Implementation has reduced property costs by £2.1m (29%) per annum and a further £2.9m per annum savings from group wide procurement reviews conducted by the recruited post holder.