“It has been a pleasure to work with Director Group on this project. Within our management team we had no experience to manage this piece of work and the consultants took us through each step simplifying the processes and supporting us with our decision making. We are very pleased with the outcome.”
New Biomedical Headquarters and Warehousing
Our client is a UK based medical devices company specialising in the manufacture and marketing of products for the healthcare sector.
Ambitious growth plans meant that their current HQ and warehousing buildings were of insufficient size and quality for the future organisation.
The Director Group team met with their senior management to explore options for their future and establish a business location strategy based on agreed selection criteria drawn up by the team.
- Mitigating impact of early lease termination (Q4 2020)
- Identifying options suitable for steady growth over next 10 years
- Improved workplace utilisation and working practises
- Inclusion of amenity space to accommodate new sales and service activities and collaboration
- Improved customer and staff experience and engagement
- Explore warehousing options, to meet both public and private sector demands
- Location search area around the northern M25 catchment
After scoping out the core requirements we were able to identify a broad geography to source options. An initial list of 20 suitable properties emerged, incorporating likely sizes, floorplates, rent and occupancy costs and accessibility. With this information, it was agreed to focus specifically on two locations, with a short list of 6 potential option sites.
Heads of terms were agreed on the final two selected sites and the client was steered through the process of reviewing total occupancy costs for each site, together with feasibility space planning and capex budget provision.
In parallel with this activity we also reviewed the terms of their current lease and presented options mitigating early termination costs.
Our client has now secured their preferred location and following fit-out in Q1 2019 will be relocating in summer 2019.